19 September 2007

The Dumbing Down of America, Part 37

Blows me away on a daily basis, the things that are done for the people who ... society? ... considers to be not worth caring about.

I went to the store on the way home from work tonight and as I was waiting in line to pay for my gallon of milk, I looked over at the lane next to me. I was directly behind the check out girl, and I saw as she punched in that the customer paid for a $8.16 purchase with a $10.00 bill, the screen on her register showed a picture of the cash tray, with a picture of each denomination and coin she needed to pull, with a quantity above it. (1) $1, (3) $.25, (1) $.05, (4) $.01.

What truly made me sad was to see her looking up again and again to make sure she got it right.

1 comment:

pixzen said...

That's something. Guess it'd really mess things up if the till didn't have the right coins to make change. What next a panic button in case you run of of quarters?